DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some combination of remote and manual latch which is preventing me from being unable to manually open my liftgate. The interior switch and key remote work fine. Does anyone know the "secret combination" to make the liftgate able to be opened by hand again?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Reltok,

Here is the service info I found for a 2007 Durango when searching for "liftgate":

"If the liftgate is locked and is not equipped with a powered liftgate, pressing the button on the RKE Transmitter will result in the liftgate becoming unlocked for 30 seconds allowing you to manually access the liftgate area. The liftgate will re-lock automatically within 10 seconds once the liftgate is closed."

Could this describe what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further info

The liftgate is a power one. It opens with the ignition key remote button, and the interior overhead switch, just no longer by hand. I seem to remember that something like if someone tries to open it by hand while one of the other methods is being utilized, this happens. Its possible my son was opening it from inside the car while my wife was opening it with the key's button or by hand at the same time, or some combination thereof. I hope this helps. By the way, this vehicle is one great workhorse. I have 135,000 miles on it. It has hauled firewood, a washer and dryer, even a refrigerator, and other than fluid changes and two spark plug changeouts, I have had no problems. What a great vehicle!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.