DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L - P0441 Code.

Here’s what I have done so far ...
  • Aftermarket Gas Cap
  • Purge Solenoid
  • NVLD Pump
  • OEM Gas Cap
  • Pulled My Hair Out
Other Details ...
  • After reset, comes on at 3/4 tank of fuel.
  • Continued to stay on all summer, reset before winter and it stayed off all winter. Came back on when it got warmer and when fuel dropped too 3/4 tank.
  • Van runs perfect.
  • Checked any lines the best I could, all look fine. I know there is the “smoke machine” option just trying to fix it on my own without assistance from a shop.
  • Thanks in advance

·
Registered
650 Posts
The best I can recommend is recheck rubber hose segments that are part of the EVAP lines. They love to crack. The other thing I can think of is to listen for that purge solenoid to actually be working. It's pulse width modulated, so it'll rapid click when it's working. If you do find it's working electrically, make sure it's working mechanically. Pull the vacuum lines off of the purge solenoid with the engine running and look for vacuum on one of the lines when the purge solenoid is commanded on. Keep the engine running, then make sure there is no vacuum when the purge solenoid is commanded off. It's worth investigating. New parts aren't necessarily good parts these days. The rest of the things I could suggest requires some combination of wiring diagrams, scan tool, and/or smoke machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts