DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gubby's Stomper Truck
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Dodge truck the other day ... so I am new at this ... I bought a med slate gray 2006 Ram 1500 sport 4x4 quadcab with leather buckets seats that has the console in the middle ... a buddy said he heard that the chrome wheels that come on the sport are not real chrome that they are chrome covers over a normal rim ... is this true ? I did not really get a chance to see on my end it started to rain and was dark when he told me this .

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If you got the chrome clads then yes. Dodge and other manufacturers have been doing this for years. My 04s are chrome clad and are holding up like champs, with no problems at all.

KB

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, they are basically plastic covers that look chrome. I didn't like them at first (I thought they were kind of cheap) but after having them for awhile they aren't bad. Nobody would know unless they did already or got close enough to see it's a cover and they are WAY easier to clean and maintain than chrome or especially polished wheels.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have polished many a polished alumin wheel on 18 wheelers and I must say the chrome clad are way easier to look after .

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have had my chrome clad 20s for over 2 years and they are easy to maintain. They look good with almost no effort. Mine are just the aluminum wheels covered with a chrome plastic. Still decent wheels for a factory non-special edition truck.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Leave it to a buddy to point something negative on your new truck..
My buddy also made a comment about the rims when I showed him My new truck for the first time.. He also said "those little rims look stupid on a 4x4"
His ford had 15" rims and mine has 17" rims... go figure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gabby, congrats on the new truck. I have the exact truck (06' QC 4x4 Sport, 20's) and LOVE it. I WISH I had the bucket seats but have the 60/40.
Only 1600 miles and will be taking my first "Road trip" this weekend (hunting)
Best of luck! Be safe!
Eddie

·
Gubby's Stomper Truck
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guy's for the compliments on my new truck !...now ...if I can figure out how to use this forum ...I will take and post pictures of my truck ... does anybody know of any companies with websites that sell oem Mopar parts and aftermakert parts for my 2006 Ram ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
gubbylee said:
Thanks guy's for the compliments on my new truck !...now ...if I can figure out how to use this forum ...I will take and post pictures of my truck ... does anybody know of any companies with websites that sell oem Mopar parts and aftermakert parts for my 2006 Ram ?
you could click on our sponsors at the top of the page. you should be able to find what you want. have fun with your truck .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.