DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, the current pricing is great and all, but I'm waiting for the 2006 to arrive. Is there any way I can benefit from this pricing if I order now (yeah dumb question, but thought I'd throw it out there)? Or better yet if DC extends the pricing to September? I'm pretty sure I won't get anything, but do you foresee any rebates or incentives when the 2006 arrives, or will I have to wait several months before gettting a nice deal. Anyone recall when the 02's came out what happened? Lastly, I'm going to lease.

If I time it right maybe I could get a good deal becuase of the new Chevy and Toyota...

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
the employee pricing doesn't apply to 06 models, srt models, or the viper iirc. i still get it but only because i am an employee.

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
If they offer any on the '06, I'm almost positive it won't be until they've cleared a goodly amount of the 05's sitting on dealer lots. You may be waiting awhile before that happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I take it there are no "work-arounds". Hopfully the give me somthing, being that I'm waiting for the 06's, and want to be a new DC customer. If it takes too long to get a deal then Chevy might start to look tempting. :banghead:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
gsxr150 said:
So I take it there are no "work-arounds". Hopfully the give me somthing, being that I'm waiting for the 06's, and want to be a new DC customer. If it takes too long to get a deal then Chevy might start to look tempting. :banghead:
Why not just get an 05 Dodge? I could see waiting for an 06 for the frame and suspension but jumping to a Chev you still get the TB just like an 05 Ram.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just can't lease somthing for 3 years when we're only a month from receiving a new design. The MDS would be nice, also the frame, susp, headlights, quiet interior, new seat, dash, new 20's. All of that is what really sold me on the Dodge. Now I have not seen the new 06's Chevy's, but I bet they will be nice. You guys are right though, there are a ton of 05's on my dealers lot. Not very many regular cabs though...

·
Registered
150 Posts
gsxr150

I'm wondering the same thing..
Even though I have some real buying power over at GM with some GM credit
Card points to help with the purchase,, but I really like the the Dodge..
I will be buying not leasing..
I'm waiting on the "MDS" HEMI in the 2006,
I to don't want to be HI JACKED over the price and I won't be waiting till Christmas
for a new Truck....

If FORD and CHEVY keep the pricing pressure on we might get lucky....

OK I'm Dreaming

But It Don't Hurt To Dream,, Does It????

Lets Keep Our Fingers Crossed..

Ron D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you think there will be good discounts around Christmas time, worse case? Yeah I'm pretty sure we're going to have to wait a while. At least we get get a brocure and test drive the 06! Haha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know about Christmas time discounts...
All I was saying is I will buy something before Christmas,,, Discount or no Discount..

At least that is my plan...
And again it just depends on compitition,,, Who wants your MONEY the most.....
Who ever that is Dodge Ford or Chevy the discount will be there...

Oh by the way The discount may not be public knowledge. (advertised) ,,What I mean is
you may just have to work for it by HAGGLEING....
But if a Dealer needs to sell something he may see things your way....

Ron D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two months ago they found a truck (reg cab, sport, hemi, tow, lock diff, and Infinity)that I could have had for $325 a month, 15k miles per year, with 2k total up front fees. That was with the loyalty bonus. Basically my 2006 haggling will consist of saying "find that same deal we talked about, or I will have to buy a chevy this month". I hate to be a jerk about it, but that's right...do will they want my money or not? Hopfully it's not like the toyotas that I was looking at a while back. Those cocky punks think they are going to sell for MSRP since they have truck of the year. I still have not seen more then one or two of those trucks on the road. That and the dealership only had one if that on the lot. Who do they think they are--BMW?

Who knows? Maybe they will have some sweet deals on the 06 Rams.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It won't do any good to threaten to by a chevy. They will only pretend to care, and it won't get you a better deal.

Most foreign vehicles are in limited supply and they do normally sell for very close to MSRP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your right, I would not say that... I've been working with the same guy for some time. He's a straight shooter.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Ron D said:
Josh
you still get the TB just like an 05 Ram

What is TB???

Ron D
Torsion bar

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
gsxr150 said:
OK guys, the current pricing is great and all, but I'm waiting for the 2006 to arrive. Is there any way I can benefit from this pricing if I order now (yeah dumb question, but thought I'd throw it out there)? Or better yet if DC extends the pricing to September? I'm pretty sure I won't get anything, but do you foresee any rebates or incentives when the 2006 arrives, or will I have to wait several months before gettting a nice deal. Anyone recall when the 02's came out what happened? Lastly, I'm going to lease.

If I time it right maybe I could get a good deal becuase of the new Chevy and Toyota...
To answer your question, no you cannot get employee pricing on an '06. You may be able to negotiate a good deal on one, perhaps a little under or a little over invoice, depending on your dealer.

There are currently no rebates on '06 Rams. I don't expect there will be until late this fall, and even then the rebates will pale in comparison to what is out now for the '05 models.

I had an '02 Ram, purchased in March '02, and at the time there was a $1000 rebate on the truck. I had an additional $500 for being a member of Farm Bureau and of course I bought the truck at cost since I worked for a dealer. But if you look back on that year, it was not until the summer of '02 that any significant rebates appeared on the Ram trucks. I expect the same situation in '06, given the fact that the MDS-equipped Hemi is probably going to be very popular.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the great information. Well if my dealer can't get me into the right price range, I'll just have to buy another truck or wait.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.