Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hemi Turttle

:VHOT: Yes I have just over 12000 on mine now and I drive the hell out of it and still no Hemi. I was TDY to CA. a week ago and they gave me a 06 Chevy extended cad V-8 and it runs better than mine?

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Alot of people say that the silverados, F150's and Titans "feel" faster than the Ram HEMI's....but our HEMI's run faster than the silverados and F150's. Titans give us a run for our money as well as some diesels. The chevy you had was it a 5.3L or a 6.0L. It couldnt have been the 4.8L cause those have no balls at all.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree, mine wasn't so hot in the beggining, but now she's been broken in a bit, I have no problems with getup and go! :rck:

Frostbitte

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got an '05 5.3 sliverado x-cab 2WD for a work truck and there is no way it's faster than my '06 Hemi QC 4WD.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,696 Posts
Mine has 3100 miles on it now, and I can tell the difference now from taking it home. If it gets anymore faster or power, I think I may lend it to NASA to power the space shuttle..... :rck:

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
you need to drive it hard so the pcm will get used to it. fill up a few tanks with 93.
if all else fails, buy the SC's and you'll be really impressed.

and whoever said 03s are fastest out of the box, i agree. (from experience :rck:)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah, I'm with lpfan....my truck seemed sluggish after driving my dad's 03 but after you put some miles on it it will pep up a little. Also, I don't know if anybody else has heard this but my dealer told me it's because the computer basically "remembers" your driving style and makes adjustments to give you a better response based on that.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
2 of my friends at work traded their 03 and 04 HEMI rams in for the 06's.
They both regret it!
They both said their trucks are less responsive and don't shift like their older ones. I am not a big fan of the MDS for the trucks to say the least.
Good luck with it!

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
My sis has a 06 sc sb black sport hemi and it has about 2k miles. It runs! I guess it feels fast because its tall with the chrome 20s.. A friend has a lowered 06 on 24s with 9k miles and it seems slower than my sisters.

I know i will take them both at almost 40k miles. hahahah

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
The computer definetly learns your style. I've been babying my Hemi for the past few tanks and yesterday when I needed power I had to get into the pedal pretty deep before she'd kickdown and get moving.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hear a lot about how the '06 is so much slower than the previous years; but it is all "I feel", "It seams", "It's just slower", etc...

Where's the data? I'm not saying that they do not have less power... but It would be nice to quantify the "I Feel" syndrome into something meaningful.

I really haven't spent much time looking at dyno #'s for the different years but I don't recall someone pointing out an average drop on several vehicles (that have been broken in) and compare.

How about 1/4 mile times? Any data there showing that the '06's are slower.

I think that the MDS has goten into peoples heads as a power reduction no matter what. If it's true... let's get the data ogether to prove it. Then we can whine to Chrysler with data for false advertising i the new Hemi's truly are lower in power...

I do know that the 2006's no longer have the waste spark, and there are no plug wires that cross from one coil pack to another plug? Mine has a coil pack over each spark plug with no other wires. Of course mine doesn't have the MDS as it's a 3/4 ton. Maybe that's why I "feel" that mine runs plenty strong

Ok... getting off my soap box.... :soapbox:

·
Registered
288 Posts
If I could disable the MDS on my wife's truck I would do it and be willing to bet she would get better mileage without it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.