DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked at one with 170,000kms...good deal but worried about the high kms, says most of it was highway but who really knows:huh:

anyways, would you guys go for it? or steer clear? :help:

how long do you think the engine could go for?

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
170KM is about 100K miles. My 2006 has been nothing but a joy for me. Test drive it and see how you feel about it. Ask when the plugs where changed last? Hemi you'll need 16.. so maybe knock off some money for that! :)

I've seen trucks going well over 100K mark - but it all depends on how it was serviced. Car fax it.. maybe ask a dealer for service records.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just bought my 04 with 103,000 miles. Im not woried.

Just sold my 01 Dakota 4.7 with 293,000. First person to look at it bought it.

IMO its all about how the vehicle was treated/cared for. Id rather have a vehicle with some miles on it. If there were any "defects" or major problems they tend to rear their head early on.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
100k is a lot in only a few short years. As stated above, check the truck out thoroughly. Look at it top to bottom and make sure everything seems sound.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is the 4.7L sorry about that..also i have been looking at 02-05's and that 06 i looked at, it seemed like the back seat was much smaller, is it just my imagination??

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Yeah, not much changed backed there. They are kind of small to be honest with. My buddy with his crew cab Chevy says its smaller than a extended cab chevy.. and his is WAY bigger.. but I like the fact I can open the rear door in tight spots.. where he can't... like getting the kid out.. haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.