DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2006 dodge dakota set. I got it home and realized the headlights were loose. Saw that there where bolts broke out. So I bought replace headlights tightened the bolts and the headlights still rock back and forth is this normal.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do the hold down bolts fasten into plastic anchor, called the headlamp to fender retainer. It shows as discontinued , however if you look around maybe ebaaa .go to a mopar site for part number

·
Registered
577 Posts
Make sure the ball stud on the outside has been pushed all the way back in. With all three bolts tightened up and the ball stud in place, there should be no movement at all. I assume that you removed it and re-installed it again, that ball stud should have resistance when removing, and will kinda 'snap' back into place when installing.

And it's all done in from the front, no need to go underneath at all.

If the plastic retainer clip for the ball stud is broken, you can still buy a replacement.
Google the part number ---> Mopar 55077613AB

Or buy this one, the Raider is a twin of the Dakota. (get two if ordering)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure the ball stud on the outside has been pushed all the way back in. With all three bolts tightened up and the ball stud in place, there should be no movement at all. I assume that you removed it and re-installed it again, that ball stud should have resistance when removing, and will kinda 'snap' back into place when installing.
There is not a ball stud on my 2006 but there is one on my 2001.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts