DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan 2.4L that had it's engine oil pump replaced. The guy put in a new one and when starting the engine, it starts ok but you need to press the gas pedal a little to keep the engine running. If you let go of the gas pedal and have it idle, the engine just shuts off. The guy who did the repair said it may be a sensor or fuel pump issue. It would not be an issue with the repair he did. Assuming he is correct, any way to diagnose this without being able to go to a repair shop? Only thing I can think of is that during the repair, a "fuel injection" hose was broken so what he did was get a generic hose with clamps to use instead. Not sure if using the generic hose could be the cause. I attached pictures of the original broken hose, along with a picture of the package of the generic tube he used to replace (last pic). Googling around, I think this hose is called a "fuel supply jumper" but I'm not so sure since I don't see any metal at the ends. This is what I'm thinking it is: Mopar Fuel Supply Jumper

Any help diagnosing this would be appreciated. If it really is the hose, then I would not mind purchasing this and installing it. If the generic hose is just as good and is not the cause of the idling, then what would be next in diagnosing? Thank you!

Snake Scaled reptile Serpent Font Terrestrial animal
Black Auto part Cable Metal Wire
Hand Automotive tire Tire Wood Finger
Road surface Asphalt Grey Tar Wood
Material property Font Electronic device Technology Bumper

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to fix and put back the original fuel supply jumper and no more leaking. The idle issue is somewhat there (happens from time-to-time) but I think I know what it is and I created another thread about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts