DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 part question. i have a 3.3 2005 grand caravan, with no tach. i found a speedo assembly with a tach out of a 2004 with a 3.3, i am pretty certain the tach will work, i just want to make sure. Also I am wondering if anybodys knows how much of this van is already prewired for upgrades. for example i originally had 4 speakers in the van, 2 in the front doors and 2 in the back. I looked under the top dash panel where there are speaker grills and there was speaker wiring ready to go. i notice the chain assembly for the auto sliding doors, do i only need a motor for it. If i wanted to install the overhead console that shows remain fuel, temp and so on. is that prewired? just curious.

thanks

mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
its2easy said:
i notice the chain assembly for the auto sliding doors, do i only need a motor for it.
What you are seeing is not a drive chain, but just a channel for wires. The motor is in the door, and drives a gear. The sprockets the gear fits into are above the "chain" you are seeing, tucked underneath the floor.

I think if you wire the door for power, you also have to re-program the bcm, which is not a trivial task--may have to even ask a dealer to do it for you. Power sliding doors are overrated. Don't bother with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.