DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one off ebay for 181 shipped. Great price. plug and play. Took me under 2 hours to install. Works great.
The only thing is the horn beeps when it starts. Like 3 times. I want to shut it off or cut the wire to the horn. Anybody done this?
Info is appreciated.
Michael

· Registered
125 Posts
We would need to know what model remote start did you have.

· Registered
3,221 Posts
were there any kind of directions with it for programming? I am sure you can turn that off but I do not know how. I dont think I got the directions for mine after the dealer installed it.

Bill

· Registered
4,146 Posts
Some of the reprogrammers let you get into the bells, chimes, kind of stuff even things like what speed the doors lock. Just a thought. :)

BTW the other day I was on the ground and started the truck on the third level of a parking garage, kinda kool. I like the horn beeps, scares hell out of the old folks. ;)

· Registered
242 Posts
I have the Mopar unit and there is a way to do it but I couldn't figure it out by the instructions. Brought it back to the dealer and they set it up for me. I didn't like the horn beeping either.

Mike

· Sleeper in The Making
1,699 Posts
Plug and play install ? Was it really that easy, or was their some wire soldering and cutting involved ?

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jordanp123 said:
Plug and play install ? Was it really that easy, or was their some wire soldering and cutting involved ?
There was 4 wires to splice and solder. Instructions are very clear as to what wires and where they are located. So no problems.
Now need to shut off the horn. Instructions did not say anything.

· Registered
48,548 Posts
I dont know if this works on the ram but I found this on the charger remote start

There's a green wire that goes to the relay box on the passenger's side of the car under the hood. Open the relay box, remove the relay that the wire goes to, then remove the wire, reinstall the relay, wrap the wire with electrical tape, and secure it somewhere under the hood. Your remote start has been silenced.

· Registered
48,548 Posts
HEy I did a search and found this might be worth a try.....

Chirp Vehicle Horn when vehicle locks via the keyfob
Factory Setting: On

To disable (to re-enable repeat these steps)

Perform this operation while standing outside of the vehicle

Press and hold the LOCK button on your keyfob

Continue to hold the LOCK button for at least four (4) seconds, but not more than ten (10) seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button while still holding the LOCK button

Release both buttons at the same time

NOTE: This operation also affects the horn chirp if you have OEM remote start functionality installed.

NOTE: If you inadvertently set off the vehicle horn while pressing the PANIC button, you can shut it off by pressing the PANIC button again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.