DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to re-do my system, looking to put 2-10" subs under the rear seat, move amps behind rear seat. Need ideas of some custom fiberglass type enclosure, any ideas & pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but under the back seat isn't going to have a lot of variation. Sealed is definitely easiest, so it's pretty straightforward. Incorporating a port with proper displacement could be quite a feet with such limited space.

You COULD buy a prefab box like the foxbox, JL stealthbox, etc. (not some crappy ebay MDF job), but if you're willing to go glass, I'm not going to stop you. Just be sure you tape 3x more than you need to, and I'd really think about removing the front seats before you get started. Sliming the back of your seats with a sloppy chop mat hand would be not good.

You really get to choose between an all MDF top, or a pod shaped top. You could even possibly incorporate a smallish sub amp into the box top for the "wow effect".

If you're looking for something of a step by step, someone did a very nice fiberglass box under the back seat. I believe he ended up painting it red. It may have been a little while back, but less than a year ago so he might still be active on here. I seem to remember ribbing him a little bit about his claims of loudness, but it was a quality glass job.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
I have a ProBox (plexi top) in my 04 QC with 2 10s. Everything I have is in my sig. Its hard to find ProBoxes now-a-days. The foxbox seems to be the new thing. Both of my amps are mounted the the rear wall. You wont steal them withouth having to dteal the whole truck because you would have to take the seats out to get to them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Not to be a smart ass, but under the back seat isn't going to have a lot of variation. Sealed is definitely easiest, so it's pretty straightforward. Incorporating a port with proper displacement could be quite a feet with such limited space.

You COULD buy a prefab box like the foxbox, JL stealthbox, etc. (not some crappy ebay MDF job), but if you're willing to go glass, I'm not going to stop you. Just be sure you tape 3x more than you need to, and I'd really think about removing the front seats before you get started. Sliming the back of your seats with a sloppy chop mat hand would be not good.

You really get to choose between an all MDF top, or a pod shaped top. You could even possibly incorporate a smallish sub amp into the box top for the "wow effect".

If you're looking for something of a step by step, someone did a very nice fiberglass box under the back seat. I believe he ended up painting it red. It may have been a little while back, but less than a year ago so he might still be active on here. I seem to remember ribbing him a little bit about his claims of loudness, but it was a quality glass job.
I remember that red one, that's something I was actually looking for but can't find the thread or the name of the builder. And you're right after some thinking I was going to stick the amp and the cap in the middle of the enclosure for more of a show look, right now I have the amps and cap under the rear bench on a carpeted platform I built while the sub was in the middle of the cab (behind the front middle seat/armrest)

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
You might consider doing a false top for the amp, where you can remove the cover to tweak any settings, but set the top on to hide all the wires and flush mount the amp. The sides can roll up to make it a flush mount, and you can probably flush mount the subs while you're at it.

You can make an internal cabinet in the middle there, and either flush the amp up to the top, or put in plexiglass and have the amp sealed on the inside. Either way, you MAY want to keep an eye on ventilation and make sure the amp doesn't get hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.