DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Benz Tech
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long story and need some help. My sister drove her truck to work yesterday did her shift went to leave and truck just cranks over. She tows it home, I go out today and check it out for her. I pull multiple codes:
P0443-evap purge solenoid
P0113-IAT voltage hi
P0517-Batt temp sensor hi
P0522-Oil pressure sensor hi
P0533-A/C pressure sensor hi
P0038-Bank 1 sensor 2 o2 hi voltage
P0058-Bank 2 sensor 2 o2 hi voltage
P0118-ECT voltage hi
P0108-MAP voltage hi

After cranking engine over it throws the following on top of the above:
P0340-No cam signal at pcm
P0335-Crank sensor

Gauges are acting goofy, fuel gauge does not read, volt gauge goes all the way high then drops to zero even though battery is fully charged and shows 12.8 volts. Temp gauge reads all the way hot. Check gauges lamp is on and lamp out light is on.

PCM fuses are all good. I checked what engine grounds that I could find(I'm not sure where they all are, I had no wiring diagram) All above listed sensors grounds tested good. Tried to check for reference voltage but all I had available was a test light and could not get good readings. I'm leaning towards a PCM???

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
It sounds like the fusible link (cable). Then have the battery checked, cables, grounds, and all of the cable mounting points.

:)

·
Benz Tech
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the fusible link were melted wouldn't the engine not crank over? The battery cables were pretty corroded. I cleaned them up and made sure the connections were tight. I'm assuming that the battery is good because my scanner showed 12.8 volts and the engine cranks over just fine. Where exactly are all the grounds on the Ram?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
There's a number of small grounding straps you might also check. Check along the firewall and you'll see some of them. The other ones you might double check is the cables coming off the negative side of the battery.

The charging system sounds like it's over charging the battery and that's controller by the PCM. You might try a computer reset or the 'hard dump'.

·
Benz Tech
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already tried a computer reset, same codes. I really need a wiring diagram and my multimeter so I can be 100% on the reference voltages. I'm still thinking PCM.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
You might talk to the dealer about re-flashing the PCM. If it takes the reflash and works, then the PCM programming was corrupted. The reflash is pennies versus a new PCM.

·
Benz Tech
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She did just hook up a hypertech programmer a couple months ago, I kinda ruled that out though because she has been driving around for a while with no problems. Plus I put it back to stock today just for shits and giggles and obviously it did nothing.

·
Benz Tech
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thought I would update this thread and see if anyone can help out on the new problems with the truck. So, first off, turns out the truck was struck by lightning and wiped out the pcm and every sensor that sees 5 volts from it. I have a new pcm installed and replaced all 5 volt sensors, so now the truck starts and runs great. New problem is that the lamp out message is on in the cluster, I have no turn signals or brake lights, no interior dome lamp or cluster lamps light up and no cargo light. I was leaning towards the FCM, but after looking at the wiring diagram I noticed that all of these lights run through the instrument cluster. Anybody have any experience with this or any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.