Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Have a 2005 QC RAM 1500 Big Horn that I brought to the local dealer (that I bought it from) to have an alarm system installed. The truck came from the factory with Remote Key Entry (RKE).
After 3 days the dealer finally said that they could only make the following things to work:
1) Interior Theft Sensor (ITS) works BUT only dome light comes on. NO flashing headlights. NO horn.
2) Sentry Key (SK) works.
They say that my wiring harness is incompatible. I think they don't have a clue. Should I try another dealer?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I would, it can't hurt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
They dont know what they are doing. I had the same problem with my 03 EVS install. They need to reprogram the computer in your truck to recognize that the alarm has been installed. I got the same run around from my dealership. They told me that some parts must be missing. I explained to them that everything is there and that they needed to make it work. The tech told me he spent half the day on the phone before he found someone to tell him how to activate the alarm properly. Its amazes me that Dodge sells these items but fails to train their service techs on how to install them. I would demand a full refund for the install if they are not competent enough to make it work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got the same story today. They said that the one I bought online is incomplete. It came with the It-s (interier sensor) and the SKIMM for the sentry key, and two keys. Is there anything else that it should have came with?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.