DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the course of the next couple of weeks, i will be installing new equipment into my dodge ram as time allows. i will try to update as i go, but i will only be getting a couple of hours a day in max due to my work schedule and the cold weather. well i guess a good place to start is a series of photos of what i plan to install:

Alpine 9835 w/kca-420i ipod interface

Stinger spv70

120 sq ft of Second Skin Damplifier

ID ctx65cs Comps up front and ID OEM 6.5s in rear

DD s4 for front/rear and DD m1a for sub

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So to start, i got in the spv70 and decided to go ahead and tackle it since it was an easy start. had to modify the stock tray a bit for proper fit.

factory...

modified battery tray...

spv70 in and fit...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also got the big 3 done. nothing too difficult as the engine bay has a lot of room to work in.

alt to batt(+)(stupidy located under airbox)

ground spot chosen for batt to frame (-) and block to frame(-)

cleaned up a bit

both grounds ran to it(spray painted over to prevent rust)

hard to make out, but alternator bracket bolt to frame(-)

all done and zip-tied up.

hopefully i can begin disassembling the interior tomorrow preparing for damplifier

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Laying some good groundwork. Looking forward to your progress!

:popcorn:

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Bro, I know all too well what you mean by a slow install and project due to a few hours here and there after work and cold weather. I was the same way. It was frustrating because I wanted to knock the whole thing out and never could get all the time to do it. Nice equipment though. Should some rather nice. I know my Kicker co-ax are a HUGE upgrade from the stock "Infinity".

·
GangstaHic
1,254 Posts
how are id's a shop by me sells them but i never heard them. how are they rated?

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
image dynamics are great!!!! i kinda want to do some in my rear panels and go with some focal 3-parters up front with a new jl hd600/4

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
great start

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Great start. I see you're going to use Second Skin. Did you look into the Luxury Liner as well?

·
Registered
491 Posts
want to follow the thread. I have just about everything but subs in mine. Hate to lose the storage under the rear seat

·
University of Houston
651 Posts

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Looks like a fun project

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
unfortunately, i had very little time today to do anything, but i made the most of what i did have. i managed to remove the back seats, all the seat belt stuff, rear door panels, lower interior trim pieces and rear storage carpet. hopefully tomorrow i will get started on removing the front seats and carpet.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.