DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I have a friend with a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica and they had a dead battery, which I jumpstarted them and followed them to the dealership(Spitzer Dodge) in Mansfield, Ohio. The service dept. looked at the car restarted it 5-6 times hooked a VOLTMETER to it, even after I said to load test the charging system!, which they didnt!

They then put it on the rack shined a flashlight under it and said it was ok. Then the service manager said they did all this extra work to it, and I informed him he was full of shit because I stood there and watched them on behalf of my friends, to see that they looked at it.

The sad part is I am the goto guy for everyones dodge trucks, so I know what chrysler service is suposed to do.

Has anyone else had any problems like this on a pacifica, and what did they do to remidy the problem?

The car is under warrenty, and it was a quarter to five when we got to the dealership(service closes at 5 mind you).

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yeah...they need to load test the battery. Did your friend possibly leave a light on or something that would've drained the battery?

My wife's boss has a brand new Lexus SUV (not sure what model) and she's had nothing but electrical problems. Strange.

Haven't heard this being a problem on Pacificas, but your friend my have just gotten "lucky" ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I asked them twice and they said that they didnt. The car has started evrytime since yesterday, but I still think there might be a problem. Like I said the dealership didnt do crap to it, and the car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
probably just a mediocre battery that the cold got to. remember, the factory uses the most "cost effective" parts for profitability. if in doubt, replace the battery.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
Don't know if this will help but when I was a lot attendant at a chrysler dealer the pacificas seemed like they would go dead quite often from just sitting on the lot. The minivans were the worst about going dead though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, they went to autozone and the battery was bad and the alternator was shot... They went to the dealer and the dealer said they wouldnt refund them and money(and admit they messed up), because they bought the parts non oem!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.