DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently traded in my 96 Ram 4X4 for a 05 Ram 4X4 and need some input!!!! My 96 was modified to the way I wanted it with a lift, bigger tires, and other mods. On the 05 I am looking to leveling it out, adding a warn hidden winch, etc. What are some mods you have added and work out or not? What are some Ft Worth, Texas area shops or online places that are good? Thanks for your help.

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
Welcome to DT and is it an 05 or an 06?

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
I have A CB, I tinted my windows 35%, Cab steps, Line-X, Rain guards, Mud flaps, Tow Mirrors, 3 Lights under the tailgate, Sirius radio. Nowhere near done yet. And my favorite mod, When People stare at my truck and wish it was their's :)

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
NTEX said:
I recently traded in my 96 Ram 4X4 for a 05 Ram 4X4 and need some input!!!! My 96 was modified to the way I wanted it with a lift, bigger tires, and other mods. On the 05 I am looking to leveling it out, adding a warn hidden winch, etc. What are some mods you have added and work out or not? What are some Ft Worth, Texas area shops or online places that are good? Thanks for your help.
I used the 4 Wheel Parts shop for my last truck; they have virtually any part you could want, and they install everything. I used the 4 wheel parts shop across the street from the American Airlines Arena in Dallas on I-35E; I'm almost positive that there is another one in Ft. Worth though. Good luck!

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk.

So far on my '05
My favorite interior mod is the seat covers.
My favorite exterior mod is the stripe.
My favorite functional mod, is the air assist bags. I leveled mine too (t-bars turned 5 times), and every time I hauled a load I felt like a fool, because the back sat lower than the front. Now I can load as much as I want in the bed and stay level. :rck:
My other mods are in my sig. (which I'm pleased with all of them, I just listed the favs).
And I get most of my stuff either here on DT, or at Summit Racing Equipment (right around the corner). Although Summit isn't local for you. The nearest one to Texas is in Nevada.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Welcome to DT!

No one has mentioned these....but I think they are much needed:

Gears
Shocks
Wheel liners

Happy modding!

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
wheel liners, good call. I still need to buy some of those myself.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just got my first Dodge truck, last week, also a 2005 Ram, mine is a white regular cab long bed 4x4 with a Hemi and only 14,000 miles. I also working on mods and making a list for future upgrades.

So Far I have:
Added a factory Dodge bed liner
2006 style tailgate cap / spoiler
Fender liners
Bushwacker bed side caps
Factory fog light kit
vent visors
Husky liner floor mats
Dodge chrome hood shield
Had the windows tinted last saturday
Leveled the truck via 7 turns on the left Torsion bar and 2 on the right.
a leather steering wheel
working on getting remote audio controls to work
Seats are being recovered in leather today
Along with the seat work, I adding a factory power seat

Future plans:
RB1 NAV unit
Sirius Sat radio
6 disc changer
??? uconect cell phone system ???
front end alignment ro correct for the torsion bar adjustments
??? lighted head ache rack

·
Registered
18 Posts
You'll like the Warn Hidden Winch mount, I put a Warn 9.5XP with synthetic cable in mine. I got it from Sportztrailers and the install for the mount and winch took about 8 hours total. I also went with an Optima Yellow battery.

My last mod was a Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. It made a big difference in the handling/cornering on my '05 RC/SB 4x4. I got it directly from Hellwig for a special hemitruckclub.com price.

Chuck

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Wheel well liners
Billet grill
Paint plastic parts ( mirror--cowel--air dam--Fog inserts )
Handles--Chrome covers or paint which ever you prefer
Clear headlights

D E B A D G E

That is for the FIRST WEEK

More to follow :D

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
uncbob said:
........That is for the FIRST WEEK

More to follow :D
:thatfunny
Litsen to the man he know what he's talking about. That's one sharp looking truck he's got there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.