DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this new ride for my wife last Thursday...now she's an oil burner, too ! It's been a great SUV so far...only around 300 miles so far. Her 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 was a GAS HAWG. Had a CRD on order since March 12, but a week later found out that the plant was built-out for April; around mid-April, I found out the plant was built-out for May. Between the going away of the 7/70 powertrain, a 2006 price increase, and the loss of a $500 owner loyalty rebate by May 2, I opted to get get my dealer to dealer trade one for me. I originally was going to Bloomington, IN but at the last minute, one was shipped into Flemingsburg, KY that had all options I'd originally ordered but two...Sirius Satellite Radio and TPMS. The Sirius was dealer-installed, so all in all, my wife & I are quite happy.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 CRD, Bright Silver Metallic, Dk/Lt Slate Gray Leather w/bun warmers, 5 spd auto, 22G pkg, Trailer Tow, 3.73 Rear Axle w/Trac-Lok Differential, Power Sunroof, Selec-Trac 4WD, Infinity 6-Disc In-Dash w/Sirius Satellite Radio.

Greg

Attachments

· Registered
759 Posts
Looks sharp! Congrats!!

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just re-fueled it this evening after taking my wife & daughter out to eat...hand calculated, it averaged 23.6 miles per gallon......I'll get a better idea after the next fill-up, as I'm sure the dealer didn't top it off at delivery in the same manner I did this evening.....the overhead was showing 22.4 mpg, trip odometer was 385.1 miles, the DTE said 99 miles, 465 miles total on the CRD so far. Beats the hell out of 17 mpg I averaged with the '02 Liberty 3.7L gasser. Nothing's changed at DC about fluid levels....although the engine oil level was between the "min" and "max" marks, I prefer to have mine at the upper level of "max"....took a little over 20 oz's of 0W40 Mobil 1 to get it to my liking.
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.