DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my magnum started leaking fuel on the top side right saddle tank. I cant get up there to see it closer.
wondering if someone here has had the tank dropped and might be able to say this is or can be a driveway fix vs. sending it to a shop?!?
In my other searches, I also found a service bulletin about magnum being filed up with fuel and stalling, due to a vapor line gets filled with fuel and stalls engine out.
Research link;
Manufacturer Communication No.: 14-002-14
Component(s): FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE NHTSA ID Number: 10055479

Sounds like a fix is to replace the tank...
And I have had several instances of engine not starting or stalling out after leaving station.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'd think! But no recall issued, just an open case issued. I've seen some dealer do the work as silent recall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine got replaced last year as part of the recall because the engine kept dying after it was filled with gas, just tell the Stealership that's what's occurring!

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to find another dealership, the one next to me I don't trust... AT ALL!
They tried to ding me with $$ on repairing the takata airbag recall, got new one on, a minute after leaving dealership the AB light came on, leaze ball on phone said it something different, we'll open a new work order, I said no way! ended up to be the AB connecter not seated all the way...

·
Registered
27 Posts
God I hate dealerships. :(

Good luck to you, along with doing the fuel tank recall my stealership decided to find $2k worth of other things that needed doing including bulbs and spark plugs. Funny that because I had just done the spark plugs maybe a month before and not ONE bulb was out. But as my wife was the one who took it in, they tried to pull a fast one. Wankers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.