DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Autobody & Paint
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this morning that my water pump is leaking. I was doing a full checkup before our road trip later this week and spotted the leak. A few months back I posted about antifreeze evaporating and if it was normal. So I purchaced some Mopar antifreeze and mixed with distilled water and added some. Today I noticed it was down again in the water jug. So after inspecting everything I noticed antifreeze on the lower crossmember on the passenger side. Then looked up and low and behold. :mad: I talked to the service guy and it will be going in Monday to get fixed.

Also I asked them about the 2005 power door locks issue and now they are aware of that problem too. They will program the BCM while there also. :)

Heres a pic of the water pump. How long should it take them to replace?

Attachments

·
Autobody & Paint
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They replaced the water pump today along with the heater hose recall. They forgot to do the TSB for the door locks. This is the BS part of the deal. :VHOT:

I picked it up and opened the hood to check it out. I noticed the antifreeze had none in the over flow tank. Pressed on the upper hose and was soft with no fluid. Opened the radiator and was half full. So I complained to the service writer and he took the van out back and had the tech add the antifreeze. Came back out and it looked like the antifreeze was very light. Well being pissed I left for home (5 minute drive). Put the van in the garage to jack it up to check the work. First thing I noticed was the lower radiator hose clamp was not even strapped down (in the hold mode for service). Thats when I went off the deep end and called the dealer back. Well needless to say I have them probably talking about me and told them to give me a call with an answer to this. I put the clamp back on and topped off the radiator and system with the Mopar antifreeze I have had at home. I would like to see what is said about this. Luckily I know somethings about cars and my wife just didn't pick the van up and when down the road. I ran the van around for an 1/2 and hour and let cool down and rechecked, still fine. I will do it again when cold in the morning. Hope everything else is ok. I leave on a 500 mile trip (roundtrip) in 2 days. This is just unbelievable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.