DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was checking out our new 2005 GC SXT with the tow package and slid under to see where the oil coolers were - could only spot one (there are two -right? Engine oil and Trans Oil?) Anywho, the one I could spot was hanging horizontialy directly in back of the trans - just hanging there looking like it could get ripped right off by a passing rock.. :crazy:

So, of course I want to protect it some how.......I was thinking I cound just wire (zip tie?) an old license plate directly under it - the air would still fow through it and offer a little protection?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you are right - that is the power steering cooler - I still think it's just hanging down there ready to get bashed....

I wish there was a way to figure out where all the coolers were - or for that matter exactly what the differences between the "Towing Package" and the "regular" GC are. Can you just look at the radiator/coolers/springs and see that they are the towing package? Is there a "Visual Dictionary" that has photos of the componets?

It's not that I don't trust them or anything....

Things were a heck of a lot easier when I had my 1969 VW Bus - I could take the entire thing apart on the side of the road....the new cars are like looking at the Space Shuttle..... :thatfunny

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you have the towing package, it may be listed on the metal tag in the front of the car just under the hood (toward the left, attached to the front of the body). This tag includes codes for paint color, and several options. The ones on my 2003 indicate that it has the "sport touring group" (ADK), a power sliding passenger side door (JRA), and a roof rack (MWG), it is Onyx Green Pearl (PJR, QJR), and it has a 3.8L engine (EGH).

Looking at my dealer's "build and price" function, it appears the code for the Trailer Tow package is "AHT." Maybe that is on the tag.

·
Registered
629 Posts
tow pkg

Off_Width said:
Yeah, you are right - that is the power steering cooler - I still think it's just hanging down there ready to get bashed....

I wish there was a way to figure out where all the coolers were - or for that matter exactly what the differences between the "Towing Package" and the "regular" GC are. Can you just look at the radiator/coolers/springs and see that they are the towing package? Is there a "Visual Dictionary" that has photos of the componets?

It's not that I don't trust them or anything....

Things were a heck of a lot easier when I had my 1969 VW Bus - I could take the entire thing apart on the side of the road....the new cars are like looking at the Space Shuttle..... :thatfunny
tow package has the following full size spare tire, load leveling and height control, HD radiator , engine oil cooler , HD tranny cooler , wiring harness , 600 amp battery . The easy way is to look at the rear shocks , tow package has loadleveling (nivomat ) shocks . These things are massive , they look like they belong on 2500 ram pickup . You also get to look forward when you have to replace them, they are like $400 a piece . ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect...

vipergg said:
The easy way is to look at the rear shocks , tow package has loadleveling (nivomat ) shocks . These things are massive , they look like they belong on 2500 ram pickup . You also get to look forward when you have to replace them, they are like $400 a piece . ;)

Thanks I'll take a close look tomorrow - nothing like $400 shocks to make your day! :D That's more than my last car was worth!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.