DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing this knocking noise for almost as long as I have had the van. We bought it new. It is only at certain rpms and speeds. I have taken it in about 6 times so far and they say it is something new each time. They thought it was fluid flowing, serpentine belt, egr valve, and other things. They think it is the spark knock this time. They said that all they can do is to adjust the computer which will cause me to loose gas mileage. If they adjust it they can not undo it. Also, I filled a lemon law complaint and I am afraid if I don't let them do it that my hard work with the BBB will just go down the drain.

Does anyone have any advice on the lemon law with dodge?

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
my '05 has had an intermittent spark knock since new...it has 80k on it now. it isn't that bad though....and i am very picky. sometimes i run 89 octane in it to make it go away...i really only notice every couple of weeks or so and it is very subtle. 95% of people probably would not have complained about it. I would rather have my timing advanced for the extra power/mileage versus retarding it enough to remove pinging.

just my 2 cents...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.