Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Durango Limited; 4.7; 4x4
Recirculation on, can cook an egg. Great for me but when you set it on defrost it turns the recirculation back off.
Recirculation off, 50% heat loss in my estimation. Not so great for winter in Chicago.
Thought heater core when it first started, but if the recirculation door is closed I get full heat so that pretty much ruled that out.
Verified that the ac compressor is not running.
Trying to figure out what/where the problem is before I go on an expedition to get to the connector on the recirculation door and unplug it to lock the door in the on position.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

Some models closes the recirculating door for some reason. When you're trying to defrost the windshield it would seem you'd want to pull as much moisture out and keep more moisture from coming into the cabin.

As for the A/C. I'd check the condensing e-fan first. If the e-fan doesn't come on, the A/C won't run. I've replaced mine twice.

:dtrocks:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I only checked the ac to make sure it wasn't running since the newer vehicles will kick it in for the defrost under certain conditions whether it is hot or cold out and whether or not you want full heat. I've seen them kick in at 25 degrees.
I don't think it's the blend door. It's confusing most auto tech's since I can get it to go full heat by having the recirculation on.
David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.