DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a quad cab dodge ram 2500 hemi. Love the machine. Only 3 months old. But my truck has gone dead 3 times now. Dealer says needed a flash update or something. Anybody here have similar problems?

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
A flash update for an '05? First i've heard of it. Mine has stalled once, had it six months.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 05 RAM 2500 HEMI and a 05 Durango HEMI. Both have stalling issues, the RAM has been flashed and is also getting a new throttle body. The Durango will soon be getting flashed. The Durango usually stalls at low speeds when turning and the RAM stalls when going from reverse to drive with steering input. My dealer claims this is a common problem with all years of the HEMI, although for some reason not every HEMI is affected. They also think it has something to do with the pressure sensor on the power steering line and how it works with the engine management systems. I guess when the sensor detects high line pressures the PCM tells the engine to pick up the idle speed, if your switching from reverse to drive the PCM also tells the engine to momentarily reduce speed to reduce tranny wear. The result is conflict and the PCM shuts down with no codes stored. This is not Dodge certified speak, just a wag from a techie. Both only have 3,500 miles on them. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
mines died about 5 times, had it since feb. usually going from drive to reverse and twice at a light

·
Registered
414 Posts
Theres a TSB on this for the 2005 hemi. Some here have had the flash but I don't know if it solved the problem for everyone. Maybe someone can chime in if the flash stopped the problem. I have only stalled once at a light so far but I notice in drive my idle seems to fluctuate between 500-650 rpm. At 500 it feels like it might want to stall.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My truck has yet to stall out on me.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Mines done it once while doing a low speed uturn.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For my RAM and Durango I already know there are TSB's, problem is the TSB listed fix actions haven't worked. My real question is why hasn't Dodge been able to fix the stalling problem, it started with the 03 model year Hemi's and has yet to be resolved. I'm begining to think I should have kept my 76 big block Powerwagon!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello,

My 05 Hemi QC has done it about 4 times now. I was wondering what was going on. Mine does it like others when I am making very slow turns, at slow speeds like at a stoplight, or pulling into a parking place. So I go to the dealership and get it flashed you say?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
39 Posts
I Take In Approx 50 To 60 Dodge Trucks A Day And Have Not Heard Of Any Stalling Problem. Advise You To Call 1-800-992-1997 And Report To Dc. I Own 2004 1500 4x4 Hemi And Have No Problems

·
Registered
83 Posts
SERVICEMANAGER1 said:
I Take In Approx 50 To 60 Dodge Trucks A Day And Have Not Heard Of Any Stalling Problem. Advise You To Call 1-800-992-1997 And Report To Dc. I Own 2004 1500 4x4 Hemi And Have No Problems
:huh:
50 to 60 trucks a day? Are you open 24/7 or have a 24 bay service center? My dealer is lucky to process 10 or 12 a day!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.