DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Chrysler T&C 3.8L - I have loud knocks from 1200-2000 RPM, started about 3 months before I pulled the heads and it sat for 2 years until today, I rebuilt the top end, changed lifters, pushrods, gaskets, MAP, Camshaft Position Sensor got it all back together. Idles like a dream, no engine light on. So I carefully drove it around, when I can get it above +2K I had test it and sure enough no knock38L T&C. When it decompresses slowing down no problem down to idle. Gasing back up throug 1200-2000 its scary at times, I think a rod is going to come through the winsheild. Pisses me off really. I dont like things I cant fix. So, thinking tensioner or idle wheel, I cut the belt to save time and revved away and still the same problem above >1k <2K knocking, the knock varie quite a bit in those ranges, so now I think has to be crank, camshaft bearings or something..
I hate this. Timing Chain? Rod Bearings (I would think it would knock all the time)? Oil Pump? Something in Tansmission like Flex Plate cracked? OBD II shows nothing, no codes, lots of the attributes look good.
Compression is fine on all 6.. frustrating... . Anyone have this problem before that fixed it or is it time to buy another Toyota Sienna? ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts