Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

I am new to this forum, although I have been a lurker for a few years...lol.

I have tried searching , but have not seen a definitive answer here, to the following question...

Is the 2005 4.7 High output motor a direct fit replacement for the 4.7 magnum?

any help would be appreciated..

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I would be interested as well, just bought a 05, 4.7, I think the engine has been changed, but can't find any way to really know, I am throwing a code for cam shaft sensor, I think possibly I have the wrong computer for the engine, I know the HO and the regular 4.7 use different computers. thanks
I think if you change yours to an HO you will have to also get computer of the HO as well

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
My two-cents is to find the newest model 4.7L you can find and use it. That engine has dual plug and the best flowing cylinder heads hands-down. The tone rings are the only question but AIRRAM.com has that covered. Nick makes tone rings that will make the swap work no matter which style you need; the 16 or 32-window. The only other thing you will need is the oil pressure switch for your model year. The hole placement and thread for the oil sensor did not change. All the other plugs did not change even for the spark plugs. The wiring harness will clip to the newer style coil-on-plug and a small spark plug wire will go to the second plug. One wire connection but it will fire two plugs. The older engines did not have knock sensors so you can just leave them off. You will need the exhaust manifolds because of the new style cylinder heads but they should mount right to the donut ring on your down pipes. The only other thing you will need is the adapter plate for your cable style throttle body. Nick at AIRRAM and I think 5.7What (Chad) both still make them. With the correct tone rings and TB, the ECM/PMC computer will never know the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.