DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealership to get a new fuel filter today. The dealership said my van did not come with an inline filter. The only filter was a screen on the fuel pump which can only be changed with the purchase of a new fuel pump. Apparently some 2004 models do have filters. Advanced auto parts sold me one. It will almost fit into place but has an extra outlet that will not go anywhere on my van. Some models are equipped with a flex fuel option. Not sure if mine is or not. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's not uncommon for modern vehicles to have no inline fuel filters, and just have a screen on the pickup at the in-tank pump as your dealership said. My 1994 Ram Conversion Van was like this. It went to 160,000 miles with no problems when the fuel pump started going bad. I turned it over to a reputable and highly-recommended repair shop for a new pump, and in the process of also cleaning the injectors, they succeeded in catching the van on fire and burning it to the ground.

File that under phone calls you never want to receive.

Or make, if you own a repair shop.

Suffice to say, if your van has no external fuel filter, I'd say just leave well enough alone until the pump goes.

And don't let them talk you into cleaning the injectors.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.