DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In February of 2008 I noticed that my roof was getting a sandpaper type texture with gray spots forming on my black paint. I took the vehicle to be inspected at Huffine’s Chrysler Service in hopes that the warranty would take care of the repair. They offered to pay a portion of the repair, leaving a $500charge for me to pay as well as leaving me responsible for the complete rental charges while repairs were done. I was not happy with this resolution option, as I was sure that the entire vehicle would need to be repainted since Chrysler obviously used an inferior type of paint.

Over the next few months the spots spread onto the trunk, the hood, as well as the sides of the vehicle. The vehicle was only 3.5 years old when this paint complication occurred and was still under warranty. I am completely embarrassed at the appearance of my vehicle and still owe a very significant amount of money to Chrysler before it is paid off. I purchased a beautiful black vehicle in brand new condition at a very high price and have taken great care of it. It is extremely unfortunate that the paint has not adhered to the primer coat, as it should have. I am not sure if Chrysler cut paint costs the year that my vehicle was produced but is very obvious that the paint they chose to use is unacceptable. I have done a great amount of research, and this situation is actually very common on Dodge Stratus and Mitsubishi Eclipses. Dodge had Mitsubishi Motors create and supply the vehicle bodies for the Dodge Stratus’.

Currently there are over 43 areas that have been infected with this delamination. Every week that goes by, I come across a new section that has the gray showing through. A portion of the roof problem has turned into a large rough rust spot as you can see from the photos.

I believe that I have gone through all of the correct procedures to allow Chrysler to resolve and repair the persistent paint problem. I am completely disappointed with their customer service resolution tactics and believe that Chrysler should fully take care of this problem financially. I have been working on getting a just resolution for a year and a half now. I have not given up hope yet!

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions???????

Attachments

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
i feel your pain, my 02 Ram w/ the PX8 paint is gettin bad, it ain't that bad, but, damn it, the paint on a 30k dollar truck should hold up better than this!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.