DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 ram in early may. Called the local dealer for a build sheet, still waiting for it to show up. Anyway it has a hood scoop(bolted on) and a vertical black stripe with the ram in the middle at the end of both sides. Now on the sides of the hood scoop it says 4.7 HO. Under the ram 1500 it has in chrome lettering RT as well as on the tailgate. I dought that it is a accutally is a RT since I have never heard of a ram rt for 2004 model year. If it is not how do I make it a real RT?

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
Ah, I don't think there were any R/Ts in 2004. So given that, you can't make it a real one. As far as the build sheet, you'd have a quicker response if you sent an email to Dodge with your VIN and requested a build sheet via e-mail.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sounds like a truck that the dealer decided to add a few little accessories and some badges to it. I've seen lots of trucks around here done that way.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
dig diesel said:
Just bought a 2004 ram in early may. Called the local dealer for a build sheet, still waiting for it to show up. Anyway it has a hood scoop(bolted on) and a vertical black stripe with the ram in the middle at the end of both sides. Now on the sides of the hood scoop it says 4.7 HO. Under the ram 1500 it has in chrome lettering RT as well as on the tailgate. I dought that it is a accutally is a RT since I have never heard of a ram rt for 2004 model year. If it is not how do I make it a real RT?
There haven't ever been any Ram R/T's offered from the factory......not in the 2nd gen or the 3rd gen.......... so this truck is either something someone customized and badged as an R/T themself, or possibly a dealership package. There are no true 4.7-liter "High Output" engines in the Rams either, they were used exclusively in Jeep Grand Cherokees until last year. The regular 4.7-liter is what you have, although probably with some aftermarket mods from the sound of it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i suggest taking them off instead of trying to make it an R/T. That is unless you want to just say..its an R/T. Nobody could argue that its not since there isnt one...not that was produced and sold in a 2004 Ram anyway.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah i saw a Ram with a SUPER SPORT sticker on it.

Stick on Scoop, Taillight covers, Exhuast and Laramie package, Was all i saw different.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dodge actually did offer a 2nd gen Ram special model like an RT. It was called the SS/T though? Had the 360 with the Hi-Perf MOPAR computer, a hi flow exhaust( single ), and stripes down the hood and tailgate. I actually looked at one in 97 that was Black with silver stripes but ended up going with a regular 4X4. I have never seen a RT Ram though. Just RT Dakotas.

Might be something a person did to the truck themselves and then traded in. You did say it is an 04 so it could be used. If it is a new leftover then the dealer did it. My money is on it being used and some person thought making a fake RT was cool. Never heard of a Ram RT( 2nd or 3rd Gen ).

The only current Rams to use stripes on the bed side that I know of are the Rumble Bee and the Daytona.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.