DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my local Dodge dealer there are two different Infinity Power Amps for the 2004 Ram (PN 56043136AG and PN 56043295AC). There is about $150 difference between them but no explanation of why.

I suspect the more expensive amp is "better" but would like to know in what way. I would also like to know if they are interchangeable.

Anybody know?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I know the system changed between early to late 04. So the system went to the canbus at that time for the radio systems. The different amp#'s may be for pre can bus / post canbus.

KB

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KB112 said:
I know the system changed between early to late 04. So the system went to the canbus at that time for the radio systems. The different amp#'s may be for pre can bus / post canbus.

KB

So, that may indicate that the interface is not the same for the 2 versions meaning they are not interchangeable?

I have a 2005 Ram with the Infinity system and it sounds A LOT better, louder and cleaner than the 2004 system. Checked the power amp PN and it's 56043295AE which is the same basic PN as the more expensive 2004 amp.

Was going to try swapping them but now wonder if it would mess up the ECU?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.