DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am at my whitts end! I ordered spicer ball joints from auto parts giant. Took two weeks to get here. And the upper joints were the wrong ones. Had a hard time explaining this to them, but they finally agreed to let me send them back and they would send me the correct ones. So here is my problem. I installed these joints yesterday with the new ball joint press kit I had to buy from otc (not cheap). The bottom joint was no problem. The upper joint went in alittle tighter, but no problem. I made sure everything was lined up perrfect and the stud was not hitting anything in the press die. After the joint was pressed in and I removed the c-clamp and press sleeves, I noticed the stud has up and down play, atleast a 1/4 inch. I cant find anything I could have done to cause this. Like I said everything was lined up perfect, and the stud did not hit anything while being pressed. Also there is no marks or scratches on the die or threads that would indicate I hit anything with the threads. A buddy said he cant figure it out either, and it has to be a factory defect. But he doubts spicer will do anything about it and I will have to eat 75.00 bucks and buy another joint. My truck has been down for over a month and I am not sure what to do at this point. Do I eat the cost?, or is there a way to get this new joint warrentied?
Please help!

·
YUP GOT A HEMI
178 Posts
that is perfectly normal. Once you install the knuckle it will preload the ball joint and take the free play away. I know it sounds crazy but trust me I went thru the same thing myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.