DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to remove the glass on a 2004 1500 with power and heated mirrrors? My housing was poorly repaired by the first owner, and it rattles when you shut the door. I bought a replacement, but it doesn't have glass, so I'm hoping to swap my perfectly good glass over to the other one. I suffer from a disease known as fat fingers, and can't fit one of my fat fingers back there to feel around. Also, did they change the mirror motors '02-05 or '02-08?

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got the glass off. It turned out easier than I expected, but needed a little force and some screw driver action. It's different inside, so I'll have to figure out a mounting method. I'm now trying to remove the triangular piece from the rest of the assembly. I've got all screws off, but can't seem to figure out how to remove the mirror assembly from the plastic triangle piece. I've tried folding it both directions, but neither seems to be much help. Anybody done this before on the 1500 non-tow mirrors?

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's some pictures of what I'm stuck on:

Hopefully those pictures show the problem. The triangular piece is one solid piece with no seems, so it would seem that somehow the entire remaining assembly fits through the hole at the bottom, but I sure can't figure it out. There's got to be someone out there that knows the trick.

As for the part numbers, I can probably figure them out. Right now, I'd like to be able to swap the triangle piece over to my existing motor and structural assembly since that would be free. I just thought you might know.

*edit* Upon stepping away from it for a second, it's obvious that somehow the exterior assembly piece detaches from the interior assembly piece somehow. I still don't know how, but at least I can stop trying to make it fit through the hole. Somehow they must separate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you guys know where i can buy replacment mirrors, just the glass thought. Cause I just bough an 04 dodge Hemi with heated and automatic mirrors. But where here could I buy both parts of the mirrors? Meaning just the glass, My glass is in two pieces, one large and one hella small.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
If you download the parts manuals I uploaded here on the board you can find the part number for replacement glass in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.