DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this came up a lot back in the day but I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi I was wanting to put a torqstorm supercharger on but nobody can tune them so I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it is the swap to the 2005 wireharness and do I have to do complete truck head to tail? Or just the engine?

·
Red Trucker
2,871 Posts
You need the PCM, you can either alter your existing harness by repinning and adding the trans harness and adding the extra two O2 sensors (04+ have two cats). Conversely you could have a service do it for you. Otherwise you would have to literally rip out half the dash and most of the underhood wiring (and pedal) from the 05 to put in the 03. Options 1 and 2 are generally easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need the PCM, you can either alter your existing harness by repinning and adding the trans harness and adding the extra two O2 sensors (04+ have two cats). Conversely you could have a service do it for you. Otherwise you would have to literally rip out half the dash and most of the underhood wiring (and pedal) from the 05 to put in the 03. Options 1 and 2 are generally easier.
Would you happen to have a diagram that shows where to repin everything? How would I figure this out?

·
Red Trucker
2,871 Posts
There are write-ups all over the net. I sent my harness to Hotwireauto to do it since I wanted it to be factory spec and I also wanted the coil pack connectors changed to the newer style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are write-ups all over the net. I sent my harness to Hotwireauto to do it since I wanted it to be factory spec and I also wanted the coil pack connectors changed to the newer style.
Okay do you remember how much that cost and what i need to get? Just the engine harness and pump from the 05 and remove my engine harness and send to them?

·
Red Trucker
2,871 Posts
Okay do you remember how much that cost and what i need to get? Just the engine harness and pump from the 05 and remove my engine harness and send to them?
If you want Hotwire to do it you'll need the PCM and to extract your stock engine and trans harness, then they modify it to work with the newer PCM. Cost me like $500 I think, but you'll need to contact them and tell them you want; they'll tell you what to send in and how much.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want Hotwire to do it you'll need the PCM and to extract your stock engine and trans harness, then they modify it to work with the newer PCM. Cost me like $500 I think, but you'll need to contact them and tell them you want; they'll tell you what to send in and how much.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Okay thank you man you have been a lot of help was there any easier way I could get in contact with you for future questions if I have any?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts