Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus 2.4L SXT. I Recently replaced the Ipod cable to the back of my headunit and ended up blowing a fuse to my door locks/interior lights. Found the fuse, replaced and all was good. Went to start my car and noticed that all 4 gauges were no longer responding (tac, speed, temp, fuel) I've looked at every other fuse under the hood and inside and cannot figure it out. When I turn my key to the forward no lights or alarm indicators appear on the instrument panel. Oddly enough when I open the door I see my digital mileage appear. The panels bulbs work perfectly fine when I turn on my headlights. I disconnected the battery for a good 30mins and reconnected with no luck. I can't seem to find anything else wrong with the vehicle (interior lights, blinkers, brake lights, etc). Could it possibly be one of the black fuses up front that I'm missing or does anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: Actually I tested everything...except for driving. I got up this morning and turned the heat on and noticed that the defroster button could not be enabled. Air was only coming out of my top vents but couldn't change to other vents. Then while driving to work I noticed that I was stuck in first gear. Luckily I took some back roads to maintain a low speed. This has got to be a fuse or something, any ideas?

SOLUTION: Apparently when your car is stuck in 2nd gear (feels like 1st) this is called "LIMP MODE" Some kind of safety mechanism within the car itself. I went thru multiple forums where people state that if you're in limp mode and your gauges are not working you need to replace the "Speed Output Sensor" but if your gauges are working then you'll need to replace the "Speed Input Sensor", $10 a piece at Autozone. Then I came across another forum that said to replace the 10AMP Fuse located under your hood. The diagram below lists this as the "AMP IGNITION SWITCH" Even tho the fuse looked fine I gave it a whirl. Guess what, all gauges, defroster and, vent selection all restored.

So all it takes is one single little 10amp fuse to cause this much havoc and ruin someones day, good to know.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.