Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
In a nut shell I have 116k on my hemi and my intake valve spring broke. I know the early 5.7L hemis are notorious for this but I have to ask, where can I get "better" "stronger" valve springs with all the necessary hardware (springs, retainers, etc)?

FYI its the #7 cylinder (already did pressure check= 0 compression in #7 ) and I am going to do all the springs since I need this truck to last for approx. another 3-5 years.

Any and all help is very appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys,
It's been about a week. I went with 5.7 updates springs from dodge and all new retainers, and push rods. I had the shop give me price which I was sad to hand them 2k but they took my heads off, did a complete head job (pressure test, the whole 9) and they are going to warranty my heads for 2 years/24,000 miles. I gladly paid for it because of the warranty. What do you guys think?
Also, I wish I didn't live in California because I was so damn tempted to yank the motor and just do a full build. Damn you emissions!

Thanks guys,
Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, I added up all of the cost for the push rods, valve springs, retainers from airram.com and it was just over 1,000, but the warranty is what I like as of now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.