DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2500 Hemi Ram new in 2003, and have been having intermittent engine problems. Sometimes the engine will not produce any power when you mash the accelerator pedal. The engine will also act like its missing pretty bad. You cannot got over 30mph when this is happening, then out of nowhere the engine will catch up to the throttle position accelerate the vehicle to that speed. This has happened from time to time since I have owned the vehicle, and the dealer said they can't find a problem. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it, if so is there a fix. I have 69K miles on it and the spark plugs have been changed, problem still there.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Sounds like it's going into limp mode for some reason.
Don't know why.
Any codes thrown or does the lightening bolt flash on when it happens?
AL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lighting bolt only flahed once and that was four years ago. It doesn't flash now or give any codes. The dealer has no idea of what to look for or so they say. It's hard to believe my truck is the only one with this problem, and the dealership has no information on any other trucks with this issue. I guess stranger things have happened.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Go to an auto zone or a place like that and see if they will read your engine for codes (lots of places do this for free). That may get you pointed in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.