DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE that is having some kind of front suspension issues. It sounds like creaking noises coming from the front, but it doesn't do it all the time. At first I thought it could be the struts, but their not leaking any oil/fluid out of them. My dad and I checked the

It sounds like a spring has an issue, but more so it happens when I hit bumps and sometimes even on flat road. The struts looked ok and the ball joints were fine too. We also checked the tie rod and didn't see any issues. But were thinking it could be the Sway Bar Bushings.

Any thoughts, thanks.

· Registered
317 Posts
the creaking 9 times out of 10 is the sway bar bushings. they will clunk next especially when it gets cold.

you can't check these struts by looking for oil leaks that is the old fasion way. these are gas charged struts and the gas will leak out long before any oil does and once that happen they are bad. the only way to check a modern stut is to bounce it. remember struts and shocks are ONLY there to control movement they do nothing else.

back on topic my gues is going to be bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.