DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i was driving with a trailer and after i dropped and unhooked my truck acted like it was out of gas. but i noticed the overhead was stuck on 22 dte then it though a dtc of p2299 - brake pedal position / accelerator pedal position incompatible ok i figured it was from driving with two feet with the trailer considering my drive way is a hill.. i put gas in it and it started but ran like it was only firing on half the cylinders smelled like gas then loaded up and cleared its self out i erased the dtc's and it was fine...

two weeks later driving after i dropped my trailer i drive 10 miles and a dtc popped up while driving p2299 and all power was lost kinda like a turbo boot blowing off. now it loads up on gas bad sounds like a hardly idling and will idle if you dont give it any throttle but will not through any more codes i work on cars im just at a lose i have no codes to work off of when i turn the key to the on position the butterfly in the throttle body acts like it struggles to find a position and back fires after sitting... im at a lose any adsvice would be helpful

·
Registered
512 Posts
I would clean the throttle body, replace the PCV valve, and disconnect the battery and let the computer relearn.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
You may want to replace your crank sensor and or your throttle sensor. Also, wouldn't hurt to have the battery tested. These trucks act so odd on a bad battery. Trucks are very picky on the amperage from a battery. Not voltage. Have it load tested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yea pvc vale is good battery is good and i let it idle and will not through any more codes all my plugs are good... im at a lose

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im not having any luck and im not getting any codes to work off of. all i know is that my etc and engine flash for a min then all go away when i start it but truck runs like its on half of the cylinders.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I guess start at the beginning with a compression test. Make sure the engine internally is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.