DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure the speaker sizes for all 4 doors for a '03 Quad Cab? I have Googled several different speaker fitment guides and have come up with 3 different answers.

Also, I don't have the Infinity or premuim system. Just the basic AM/FM/CD.

·
Eye of The Beholder
52 Posts
How about checking the truck manual. Im sure information like this would be in there.

·
15,912 Posts
6x9 in the fronts and 5 1/4 in the rears.

NOW....with that said....you can get a 6 1/2 in the rears and if you are going to run a sub, you can put 6 1/2's in the front as well. :D

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
LOL, yeah..........I am a post whore. DT consumes my evening (and sometimes my day at work!!)

I am working on another computer tonight. Its slowing me down!!

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked on some stereo forums and here is what I have come up with. The front could be 6 x 9 OR 5 1/4 OR 6 1/2. What they do at the factory is put a plastic adapter plate in there if they use smaller than 6 x 9. I will just go with 6 x 9, since the hole is there. I might as well get the biggest I can in there. In the rear I will go 6 1/2 since they will fit.

·
I can't type
603 Posts
I looked on some stereo forums and here is what I have come up with. The front could be 6 x 9 OR 5 1/4 OR 6 1/2. What they do at the factory is put a plastic adapter plate in there if they use smaller than 6 x 9. I will just go with 6 x 9, since the hole is there. I might as well get the biggest I can in there. In the rear I will go 6 1/2 since they will fit.
That's basically the same information that's on the crutchfields site.:crazy:

·
15,912 Posts
The plastic adapter is there for the front 6x9 speakers that come stock. You need it even with the aftermarket speakers. It keeps the magnet out of the window track so the window can go up and down.

·
Former F150 guy
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:

I got it all done. I put some 3 way Sony 6 x 9's in the door, using the factory spacer they dropped right in. I put Sony 3 way 6.5" in the rear. I had to take a die grinder to the rear speaker's screw holes and oval them out a tad, but no big deal at all. It already sounds 10x better. I have a 4 channel amp sitting here that'll be going in next. It was nice and warm out yesterday, but now it's cold and snowing out again. LOL

·
Registered
806 Posts
I also looked at crutchfield.com and there were some discrepancy's but you need to make sure you click on the right speaker combination! There is one that only says 4 speaker, and one that has infinity speakers. If you have the infinity speakers it is different sizes. Best way is take the door panel off, does not take long.
Good LUck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.