DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so someone asked for pics... decided to make a thread.

I bought a 2002 4.7 Reg Cab Long box last week for a wicked price, $4500 Canadian.

I ordered the front end conversion parts before I even had possession of the truck.

Here is is so far... I'm going to use an aftermarket front bumper. The entire truck is going black... unless I change my mind. Excuse the picture quality - apparently the camera on the new blackberry bold sucks ass.

Everything is a bolt on except a couple points... here the grill support from the 02 doesn't match a small part of the 06+ grill. I just cut that out... it's still plenty stiff and everywhere else bolts up.

The headlight connectors also don't match... still working on that.

Old fender removed.

Cost (Canadian)

SRT10 hood (not required) $650
Fenders $310x2
Grill $290
Headlights $300

Aftermarket bumper $500 shipped.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
What bumper did you get

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Im not crazy about it but to each his own

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
nice work....I would love to do an 06-08 sport front end conversion.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
congrats on ruining your truck!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
how did he ruin his truck? :thatfunny

·
02 5.9er
89 Posts
congrats on ruining your truck!

Thats a tad harsh...He got a good deal and can do what he wants with it. I see you have an aftermarket intake....nice job on ruining a perfectly good factory intake.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
congrats on doing your conversion, im not a fan of that bumper, but to each his own, but if you need help wiring the headlights i can help you

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
congrats on doing your conversion, im not a fan of that bumper, but to each his own, but if you need help wiring the headlights i can help you
To be honest there were not many options. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.. so we'll see... I can always change it. I think it might go with the look I'm shooting for though...

Headlights... sure, what did you end up doing?

I was going to look for a pigtail harness and splice it in. The signal light is a direct fit.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
To be honest there were not many options. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.. so we'll see... I can always change it. I think it might go with the look I'm shooting for though...

Headlights... sure, what did you end up doing?

I was going to look for a pigtail harness and splice it in. The signal light is a direct fit.
since you have projectors, id just cut the connector off on the headlights and wire on a female 9007 plug and call it a day

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
since you have projectors, id just cut the connector off on the headlights and wire on a female 9007 plug and call it a day
My thoughts exactly. Thought I would try these lights out... might be okay on an all black truck, better than some of the other projectors I've seen...

if they look cheezeball I'll suck it up and buy some night rider or whatever they are called... those black mopar ones.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
im sending you a pm man

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Im not a big fan but i know if he does it the right way it will look good :rck:

1 - 20 of 329 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.