DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple of unusual sounds that i need advice with and they are as follows:

1. slight sqweek at about 10% throughtle

2. creeking when starting out no matter what gear 1st or 2nd

3. clutch petal sqweeking when almost all the way out (sounds like needs lube)

if anyone has had these simular problems and could give me some advise it would be greatly appricaited.

P.S. it is getting colder where i am maybe that would have to do with something....temp is arroung 30 to 60 deg F. :help:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The R/T's have a bad problem with the engine mounts. When it wears the rubber down then it's metal on metal and that would be where the slight squeak comes from. It does it when you give it gas from a stop or while driving. The engine mount that would be the culprit would be located just under the battery tray. I replaced mine and it was back to normal. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found out what the sounds were the slight sqweak at 10% throughtle was my aem intake

the creeking when starting out is my lower control arm... they thought it was the bushing so they replaced the whole arm..$300, now different sound, a slight bang when stopping which is they lower control arm mount ( a.k.a. front axle cross member) , the hole was reamed out because the bushing was bad and not doing its job that part alone is $970!!!

the clutch squealing was just the boot needed lube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.