DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a dodge stratus with a 2.7 and i was told that in order to swap the computer with one from a salvage yard that i need to also swap the bcm and the dash instrument cluster
i tried this and have had no luck with the car starting
there is no imobilizer
the problem is that testing the wires to the fuel injectors with a noid light i get wile cranking it i get two that pulse fine two with no pulse and two that pulse once
any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
i have a dodge stratus with a 2.7 and i was told that in order to swap the computer with one from a salvage yard that i need to also swap the bcm and the dash instrument cluster
i tried this and have had no luck with the car starting
there is no imobilizer
the problem is that testing the wires to the fuel injectors with a noid light i get wile cranking it i get two that pulse fine two with no pulse and two that pulse once
any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
Welcome to DT!

Wow, you have so much going on here. I haven't heard where multiple computer have to be replaced but the cars are not my thing. If you do need to replace the PCM, you need the numbers from the computer itself. If the PCM has an updated flash there will sticker on the PCM and/or the radiator support and you'll need the number of the flash update. If you buy the PCM new, it will come with all the latest flash updates.

The pulse to the fuel injectors and coils comes from the PCM but the computer needs a signal from the cam sensor so keep that in mind. I thing 2.7L engine has the crank sensor as well and that to would come into play for the signal pulse to the injectors and coils.

As for replacing the gauge cluster, it's not that simple. Some vehicles store the mileage in both the dash cluster and the ECM. If they do not match, you'll get even more errors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got all three components from the same vehicle
as for the cam shaft position sensor and the crank shaft position sensor i have swapped them out from another vehicle that i know was working and drive-able

i was needing to know if there is some other place that the vin and millage is stored and checked against as well as if there is anything else that could cause this problem

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
For the Ram's, it's stored only on the PCM and cluster. Someone posted that the transmission and chassis computer stores it as well but I believe that was just somebody muddling-up water. No where in the Ram manuals does it say that at all. Personally, I have not worked on the Stratus doing much more than general work.

The 2002 model year for the Stratus has the highest complains for all the years that the car was made. It has also been label that you should avoid this car like the plague! Here's the link...

2002 DODGE STRATUS - PROBLEMS & COMPLAINTS

There are reports that the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) causes all types of problems. The TIPM is the unit that replaced the fuse box but I'm not sure which is in your vehicle. The TIPM is like a command center for all the electrical functions of your car and the ones causing the biggest problems are clustered in the 2007 to 2014 model years. This would answer so many problems on your vehicle but I believe your model year still has the standard fuse box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.