Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!!!

I have been chasing my tail around for about 2 weeks now.... UGH....

Check engine light came on. P0748 which is a short/open circuit in governor/pressure solenoid. I replaced solenoid, sensor (transducer), gasket, and obviously fluid. No luck. Reset codes. Started truck, worked fine until I went through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and when I slowed down back into 2nd, or punched to gear down to increase speed, code came on, and back to only 2nd or 3rd. It is intermittent. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes not. However, the light is always on. I read a similar post on here for a 1500 Truck with the 5.9. I inspected all of the external wiring and could not find any visible issues without removing the conduit over the wires. I read some posts on checking the terminals and wires with an ohms meter, but I don't know exactly how I should approach it. Anyone have any luck fixing this issue? It appears it is a common issue. I do have a multi-meter. Can anyone start me in the right direction? Please??? :huh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another Note

Also, I did the procedure for putting it in quick learn mode. Removed + and - from battery and held together for about 15 seconds. Ran great for about 40-50 miles. Then, back to the same s***. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any help is greatly appreciated. Next step, if I can't get any answers, is to replace the master solenoid. That is a bit costly and involves removing the valve body. I don't want to do that if I don't have to. It is at the mechanic right now who is investigating all of the wiring from the tranny to the PCM. Please help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI. Found a large sum of fluid inside the neutral safety switch. I know it is unrelated to the governor, but could it be the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im hoping you find an answer man because im having the same issue on my 2000 slt. replaced the solenoids and still just shit. Tranny shop told me its probably electrical so im bringing it in this weekend

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
FYI. Found a large sum of fluid inside the neutral safety switch. I know it is unrelated to the governor, but could it be the problem?
Was neutral switch the issue??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I havent resolved yet.... I did not replace the neutral switch.... You have the same issue?
Nope; would definitely change that switch that has oil in it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.