Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport with a 3.3L engine. It just started downshifting hard when shifting from 2nd to 1st. It like jerks down into 1st gear. The other gears downshift fine and it shifts fine when speeding up. It also downshifts harder when it's warm, you can hardly feel it when it's cold.

Are there any sensors that have to do with the transmission that could possibly be causing this? I've been thinking of disconnecting the battery so the pcm would reset, but not sure what else that would do to other things. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Jaime

·
Registered
34 Posts
You will need to bring the van to the stealer or a reputable transmission shop and have a 'quick learn' procedure done. This procedure will cure this issue most of the time but not always. If you haven't changed the fluid/filter recently make sure you do this before the quicklearn.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On my 02 it started doing this just before the solenoid pack went. they just go. I serviced the tranny at the required intervals and always at the very overpriced stealership where I bought the van and the pack still went.

I have also read on here that the tranny mount to the frame on top of the tranny goes bad an causes this. I wish I knew about that before I took the van to the stealer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.