DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I inherited a 2002 Dodge Neon when my grandma passed away.
Now we are having some problems with it. When going to go somewhere i will drive up my driveway and then say if i have to wait for traffic then try to go the car will not move. Then you have to turn the car off and just sit for a bit and then it will go. Tranny fluid is full and doesnt smell burnt. There are no codes being thrown.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there, It sounds like you may have a failed fuel pump regulator. Fuel coming out of a vacuum line indicates that the diaphragm inside the fuel pressure regulator may have failed to cause fuel to get into the vacuum lines. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. I would you to go to the nearest auto repair shop to diagnose the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts