DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped a 2002 4.7 into my 2005. The 2002 was a doner truck I had bc my son wrecked it so I had some time and moved motor, com, wiring harness and the fuse box all over to the 2005. It was alot of work but the engine starts and runs great. Only problem is that none of the gauges or ac or radio are working now. It all worked on both trucks before and I have checked all the grounds more than once. I can't seem to find what is causing the problem. The only thing I cut on the 02 harness was a brown wire going to my front blinkers. It was going to my car alarm in the 02 but i dont have an alarm in the 05. Please someone help.

·
Red Trucker
2,404 Posts
Yeah, I get why you swapped wiring and shit, but you shouldn't have. There are quite a few wiring and computer differences between the 02 and 05. You would've had less of a headache pulling the crank from the 2002 engine and swapping the tone wheel from the 2005 engine. Then you could've just dropped it in and hooked everything up, no muss no fuss. Your options now are either to pull it back out and do it the right way, or get complete wiring diagrams for both years and attempt to figure out what you assed up.
Or call Hotwireauto.com and see if they can make an adapter harness for you or at least point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to get ahold of hotwire auto on monday and see what they say. Ty for the info. I really think I might have missed a ground somewhere bc the rpm gauge does move a hair off the peg when I turn the key but gauges dont cycle. I try the reset thing where you hold the button down and turn the key but the never cycled then either

1 - 4 of 4 Posts