DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope you can help me? I' not sure what section this request should go into? And I'am sure that this question must have been answered before, but as I have not seen the answer can someone help me please?
I have a 1999 Quad Cab 5.2 and it has the standard factory 5 spoke alloy wheels on it. If I wanted to change the wheels to the 2002-2005 style chrome alloys ( 20"x9"), what would I have to do to fit them? Do they have to be altered at all? Or do they just bolt on? What machining work would be needed, if any? I have been told thet they will NOT bolt staight onto the 1999 truck- is this right?
Last time I used this forum, you were all very helpfull, and I hope that you can resolve my problem this time, many thanks, regards from England,
Kevin
:help:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I have seen several 2nd Gen Rams with the 3rd Gen wheels on them........ so I know it's possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think that's an excellent question and has me pondering the same thing. DodgeyKev, I have a 1994 DDS.. my wheels are standard alloy, looks like the mopar star with ram head in the center. Right now it's wearing 102T P235/70R15's. I was thinking about changing them too, but wondered how it would look with those huge tires on it, and what all would it effect? such as ride, mobility, gas milage, odometer reading, wear-n-tear.......etc these already rub the wheel-well if turned too sharply. oops that's the tires, not wheels.....sorry

·
Registered
413 Posts
We just put some 2004 wheels on a 2000 Ram. There are no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys- I guess I'll have to find someone with a 2002-2005 Ram and try their wheels on my truck before I go ahead and buy any.Just to make sure!
Thanks again
Kev

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your 2G Ram is 2wd, they are NOT a direct fit. It took $500 in custom machine work to get mine on. 4wd on the other hand, they fit fine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have a 2wd 97 and had to put a 1/4in spacer in the front but only thing is about mine is the dust caps stuck out a little bit. if u click on my sig u can see the pics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ,Thanks for the info, but please can anyone give more detailed information on the machining work and spacers? What work had to be done to make the wheels fit? Was it to make the centre bore bigger, or what? What did the spacers do? -push out the wheel? Or what?
I have now found a set of the late model 20"s for sale and need to be sure what work has to be done ( and cost! ) before I buy them.
Thanks
Kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.