DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Ram1500 Single Cab 2WD V6magnum. It has around 164k miles on it. I got it from my dad, it was a truck he used everyday for going to work. I use it as a everyday truck myself and everything is stock on it and was wondering if it would be worth investing money into the truck since it is only a V6 and a single cab. Let me know suggestions and what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It all depends on what you really want. I've seen these V6's super charged. ( I think theres a pic of one in the "sport Truck" threads..maybe..) But speed and chest thumping stroke isnt everything. A nicely done, dressed single 2wd is still a super nice ride. If your looking for a pavement pounder, then maybe dress it a bit, make it cool, then move it and get a V8 to work on. These trucks are what YOU make em. With the mileage you stated, it might be a good idea, if you decide to keep it, to start putting some life back into the motor. Also, if the tranny is the original, might be wise to start saving for a rebuild at some point.
IMHO....the trannys on these trucks are the worst, weak link in an otherwise great truck. Great until you reach that 125,000 mark, then its just a matter of time. I've had 3 all go after or shortly around that mark. I actually have a spare tranny just in case right now..LOL
Joking aside, decide what you'd do and like to have. If a V8 is just something you gotta have, then do some work, make it nice, and move on, and get what you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info man, sorry it took a while to reply, school is somehting else lol. Anyways if you have anything else i can do please let me know. Also some rim suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
worth it?
any truck state inspected is worth 2k right off the bat.
anything reliable is worth much more to the owner. and its paid for. that truck owes you nothing and keeps on givin! move the apartment occasionally, materials, even the blue tarp in the bed for a red neck swimming pool makes a p/u worth it to save.
if the rust aint bad. it aint nickle and diming. KEEP IT AROUND. the dodge trucks are the bomb- v8 der not, nobody can knock a daily driver. have fun/ to each his own.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
worth it?
any truck state inspected is worth 2k right off the bat.
anything reliable is worth much more to the owner. and its paid for. that truck owes you nothing and keeps on givin! move the apartment occasionally, materials, even the blue tarp in the bed for a red neck swimming pool makes a p/u worth it to save.
if the rust aint bad. it aint nickle and diming. KEEP IT AROUND. the dodge trucks are the bomb- v8 der not, nobody can knock a daily driver. have fun/ to each his own.
Agreed: and yup, keeps on giving, and reliably gets you to work every day; I much prefer not to needlessly mess with a reliable Daily Driver.
... Unless you have skills/knowledge of a pro, leave the swapping etc for a second vehicle.
... But it's always good to pay attn to what others are doing; helps if something is failing so you can recognize it beforehand; or when something fails you know the preferred fix or maybe improvement, and/or related work that should be done while its apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.