DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haynes book says "Some models on drivers may have to remove clockwise. We don't know whickh way to go with this. It's tough to get off. Do we turn counter clock or clockwise? Driver side front hub nut. Also, can't figure out what socket to use. 1 3/4" has too much play, and 1 5/8" does not fit on all the way. Can't figure out what size socket to use.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you should still be able to see enough of the threads to see which way it has to turn.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The nut is tough to break loose I used a 3/4 drive breaker bar with about 3 foot of pipe on it

·
Ram Pwnage
602 Posts
I have a 98 and both my nuts are standard threaded, and yes they're very hard to get off. It's a 1 11/16" socket and i tried using a 2ft 1/2" breaker bar with a pipe and i could see the pipe and bar bending without it moving. So i just grabbed my Dewalt electric 1/2" impact gun (350ft lb reverse torque) and blasted it right off in about 10 sec. Would have done that first but i didn't have impact grade sockets and didn't want to risk shattering them if the breaker bar would have done the job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sears craftsman sells the 1 11/16' socket ... Go get the biggest 3/4 drive breaker bar you can find !!!!!! I used a 5 ' pipe and had to jump up and down on it to break it Free !!??!!!!! Good luck there a bitch too get off if you don't have a good impact .... My 97' was counter clock wise ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.