DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 2001 2x2 ram 1500, I'm in the process of finishing up the rear flip kit for 6''s of rear drop. I need 4 inches drop in the front which I thought I could do by going with bell tech 2'' drop spindles and 2'' drop coil springs!! NOT!!

So I'm told bell tech does not make spindles for 2001,, so I call my dodge dealer and they say by the vin number my truck has all the 99 front end parts under it so the bell tech spindles should work on my 2001,, then I read on the forum that bell tech spindles will work on my 2001 but I have to change lower control arms.. now I'm just really confused and need some help from someone that has dealt with this issue before. so I guess my question is, what do I have to do to make these 2 inch drop bell tech spindles work on my 2001? or could I just buy 3'' drop coil springs and cut them? any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone??

286 views and no one knows anything? anybody? someone has to know what to do to run 94-99 belltech drop spindles on a 2001 truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I run just 3'' drop coils springs and be ok? or can I run 99 lower control arms and use the 2'' drop belltech spindles? with 2'' drop coils.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
not that my 96 is all 96 anymore! some purists would go crazy on my truck. if it were mine and If I had a thing for lowered trucks- I would convert to 99 lower control arms. this may incur changes of the sway bar or other non essential peripheral items, but the 99 drop could easily be made to work.
mines a 96 1500 4x4...

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
not that my 96 is all 96 anymore! some purists would go crazy on my truck. if it were mine and If I had a thing for lowered trucks- I would convert to 99 lower control arms. this may incur changes of the sway bar or other non essential peripheral items, but the 99 drop could easily be made to work.
mines a 96 1500 4x4...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome thanks for the info. couple more questions, sorry I'm new to this lowering stuff.

for the time being I might slap 3'' drop coil springs in the front, will the truck still align right with 3'' drop coil springs? also with a rear flip kit and 3 inch front drop coils, what shocks would be best?.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
personally, I would never lower a truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.