DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on a set of 35" Wrangler MTR's with 5x5.5 lug pattern. He is checking the backspacing tonight. I am driving a stock 2001 Ram with the Off-Road package. What backspacing would work for this application? I appreciate all replies :D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Most say 35's will fit on a stock off road. Are these aftermarket wheels that they're on? I don't see why they wouldn't work.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
they will stick out a bit with that backspacing, but it should clear.
Stock bs is 4.75.

·
Registered
104 Posts
throw on a set of coil spacers, i have the same truck w/ 2" coil spacers and 35" xterrains on mine. I ran the 35's for about a week without spacers, and it rubs when going to park, etc..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I put em on tonight. I have MINOR rubbing that I will inspect closer tomorrow after work when it is light out. I was really impressed that the 35"s didn't really bog down the engine, it seems like a perfect combination really. I'll have pics tomorrow as well

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well what helps is the 4.10 gears in that offroad. If you had the 3.55's, you would notice a degradation in performance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
looks stout, nice truck, may need to lift a couple inches though

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I am wanting to lift her up a bit. I need more clearance and I have a slight amount of rubbing on the inner fender. I am looking at a Full Traction 4" lift right now. Anyone have opinions about them?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Ninja Nate said:
Yeah, I am wanting to lift her up a bit. I need more clearance and I have a slight amount of rubbing on the inner fender. I am looking at a Full Traction 4" lift right now. Anyone have opinions about them?
I've seen their Jeep stuff. One word for 'em - STOUT. Everything of theirs I've seen has been top notch and plenty beefy. I can't see why the Dodge products would be any different.

Keep in mind.... You'll only be getting about 2" over what you've already got.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I am in Northern Utah. I realize I will only be getting about 2" more inches but that is really all that I'm looking for, I also realize I cant use leveling pucks b/c I still need longer control arms. So I figure why not just get a whole lift kit? I dont plan on going any larger than the 35"s that are on her now.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Ninja Nate said:
Yeah, I am in Northern Utah. I realize I will only be getting about 2" more inches but that is really all that I'm looking for, I also realize I cant use leveling pucks b/c I still need longer control arms. So I figure why not just get a whole lift kit? I dont plan on going any larger than the 35"s that are on her now.
I've heard that before. :D

Great looking truck. Let us know how the FTS lift turns out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
01_OffRoad said:
I've heard that before. :D

Great looking truck. Let us know how the FTS lift turns out.
After checking out your RC install, I may be looking at going that route and buying some new leaf springs as I dont like blocks. I figure 3 more inches up front would be better than 2 :D

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Ninja Nate said:
After checking out your RC install, I may be looking at going that route and buying some new leaf springs as I dont like blocks. I figure 3 more inches up front would be better than 2 :D
35's on 5" of lift is a great look for our trucks. IF you decide to go with RC, you'll really enjoy having the flexibility of the adjustable upper and lower conrol arms. And look at the block provided with the kit before you decide against it. Remember, the only reason I stacked blocks was because I needed the added height in the rear to compensate for my coil spacers. The block provided by RC with the 5" kit should work just fine by itself.

·
Registered
609 Posts
how high do the trucks with the off road package sit???????????

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
flameon4x4 said:
how high do the trucks with the off road package sit???????????
+/- 2" over the "regular" 4x4 Ram's.

·
Registered
609 Posts
because i was sitting at a stop light to day and one pulled up and was about two inches below mine and mine has a six inch lift.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.